Monday 2 January 2012

New year and my first blog.

Another year has gone by and I survived another Christmas away from home. I can't say I'm sad to see 2011 go, but I did have a good year eating and in the kitchen. I fell in love with all things seafood on the coast of California, I learned not all wine comes from a box from wine tasting in the Napa Valley, I embraced the wilderness cooking over an open fire camping in Big Sur, I bonded with my family over dim sum in Hong Kong, I indulged on crispy pork (pinoy lechon kawali) in the Philippines, I ruined my arteries with a Krispy Kreme epic burger at the CNE, I bought an immersion blender and started making soup, I expanded my culinary knowledge by borrowing recipes from my (gay) ex, Ben, I learned from my friends who have followed their passions to culinary school, and I started reading food and cooking blogs (Smitten Kitchen is my fave!).
All this inspired me to start my own little blog to measure my life in food successes. Because when life is too much, there is always delicious food+an alcoholic beverage, a new restaurant to try with friends, or baking out to Taylor Swift to ease my heart and mind. Thank goodness for hot yoga, because I will always be a fat girl at heart. And I'm thankful for my friends with big appetites, who are always happy to be fed.
So I raise my mug of peppermint tea: here's to my first blog, my last week of Christmas holiday, and a new year of food adventures and stories to tell :)
Gingerbread cupcakes with orange cream cheese icing. decorated with reindeer corn :)

 M&m Christmas cookies
 Garlic bread and lasagna to welcome Mario home from Montreal.
Three Olives cake vodka, a shot is like a grocery store vanilla cake with sprinkles :)

2 comments: